Monday, January 21, 2008

The Christening of Blog 10 Football

"And with this, I Christen thee Blog 10 Football!"

To me, the Big Ten is like that kid whose close friends think he's the greatest kid ever, people that don't really know him don't have anything bad to say about him, and the few that don't like him at all don't have good reason for it.

Big Ten football fans are some of the most passionate that I’ve ever seen, and for this reason I’ve decided to dedicate a blog to them. I hope that this garners a decent following, solely for the fact that it makes it more fun to write. I’ve been casually blogging about sports in a multitude of places for a few years now, however this is the first time that I’ve decided to actually sit down and have a blog that I’m 100% dedicated to sitting down and writing as often as necessary. The plan now is at least a post a day.

The difference between this blog and others you might follow is that you will decide on the content. Of course I’ll have commentary on current Big Ten events, as well as some other features that’ll pop up here and then, but you are going to decide what direction this blog goes in.

If you would like me to focus on a full preview for next season, team by team, game by game, let me know. If you want weekly recruiting updates by team, just tell me and I’ll do my best to make it happen. Just tell me what you want to see and it’s done. It’s kind of like democracy, but the plan is for this one to work.

I know this blog hasn’t had any time at all to develop yet, so for now just look around. Take the poll, check out some of the team-specific blogs in the ‘Links’ section, or leave a comment or two.

And be sure to tune in over the next few days, because there should be an avalanche of activity right here on Blog Ten Football.

_____

Oh, and if you have an unhealthy interest in Big Ten Football as a whole, or even if you would like to be a correspondent for a single team in the Big Ten, I’d love to have your help. Shoot me an email at blog10football@gmail.com and tell me what you’re interested in.


No comments: